The weather's getting warmer here it's time to get outside and celebrate with friends. We have fun and easy cocktails for the campground or any outdoor adventure - grab the ingredients, join some friends, spend some time outside this weekend and raise a glass!
THE SPICY MEZCALITA
Mezcal is tequila's smoky cousin. Combined with the jalapeno's spice, this drink is refreshing and unexpected.
THE INGREDIENTS (enough for two drinks)
- 2oz Tequila
- 1oz Mezcal
- 1.5 oz Cointreau
- 1.5 oz Fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 slices fresh jalapeno (plus 2 slices for garnish)
- 2 slices of lime to garnish
Combine the tequila, mezcal, Cointreau, lime juice & 2 slices of jalapeno into a shaker or we used the DukJug and it works great! Add ice to above the level of the liquid - shake vigorously for 15 seconds. Strain drink in the Infinity Backpacker Mug or glasses with ice. Add the lime slices and jalapeno for garnish. Share and celebrate!
- 3 blackberries or raspberries
- 3 large basil leaves, torn
- 1 oz of honey syrup (50% honey / 50% water - heated until combined then cooled)
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice (approximately one large lemon)
- 2 oz sparkling water
- 2 oz light rum
Muddle berries, basil leaves and honey syrup in the bottom of one Pint Glass. Add lemon juice and rum and shake with ice for 15 seconds. Strain into a glass over fresh ice; top with sparkling water and stir.
- 2 oz white rum
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz maraschino liqueur (we used Luxardo)
- 1 lime wheel, for garnish
For shaken: add all of the ingredients except the lime wheel into your glass and shake well or stir. Garnish with the lime wheel.
For blended version and lots of fun: throw the whole thing in your Vortex Blender - give it a whirl and watch as your camp companions stare slack-jawed at your creation.
- 1-1-2 oz vodka
- ½ oz lime juice
- Ginger Beer- Cock'n Bull or Gosling's
Add vodka and lime juice to a chilled Stainless Pint Glass filled with crushed ice—the colder the mug, the better. Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wheel and mint. Tip: Keep your vodka and ginger beer sufficiently chilled before making this classic drink.